Thursday, June 16, 2016

So......I'm growing my bangs out


Let me start off by saying that there has never been a time in my life that I have not had bangs. For some reason I have always been self-conscious about my forehead. I don’t know why as it’s just a normal forehead. Nothing weird about it. It’s not like it’s a beacon for aircraft to use as a landing strip. I’m not attempting to hide a family history of the dreaded unibrow. I’ve just always been aware of it. In my younger years, I spent quite a bit of time looking at it in the mirror trying to determine why it bothers me so much. I’d pull my hair back to scrutinize it, turning from side to side. Nothing….and yet it still made me take my hair and fan it across the space above my eyes in hopes to conceal the idea that I even had a forehead to begin with. Everyone is always talking about body issues and body shaming. Maybe I have forehead issues. I guess that could be a real thing. I mean obviously it is for me. Seems a bit odd….but then I’ve never been completely normal.

Some people probably think that since I’ve had bangs this long and I obviously have issues with my forehead, why even bother growing them out. The answer? No idea. I just decided one day to give it a go. Maybe it’s my minds idea of a mid-life crisis. Although I refuse to believe I’ve reached mid-life yet. Lots of people live passed 100. Regardless of the reason, I’m finding the whole process a bit frustrating. I mean normally my bangs grow at such a rapid pace that I am practically trimming them every other day to keep them out of my eyes. Since I’ve decided to let them grow, they’ve gotten to right below the eye level point and seem to just stay there. It’s a bit annoying. I keep having to blow them out of my face. I know I could just pin them back, but for reasons I can’t explain, I don’t want to do that. I still find myself styling them in a way that causes them to fall in my direct into my eyes, causing me to blink rapidly and make sure my contacts don’t pop out. I’ve been tempted to grab the scissors, but everyone freaks out and tells me to stop. Wait it out a little longer. It will be worth it. I hope so. I’d hate to think I would go through all this just to, at the end, get bangs again. I guess I will just suffer through it. How much worse could it get?

No comments:

Post a Comment